ABS CNC Machining Service
HDC is a leading expert in ABS CNC Machining services in China.
The company has extensive experience in producing high-quality ABS parts using state-of-the-art equipment and technology aimed at providing clients with the most accurate and efficient machining solutions available. HDC is renowned for its commitment to quality and excellence in all aspects of machining, from product design through to production and delivery. With a team of skilled and experienced professionals on hand, HDC can handle any project, no matter how complex or challenging. They work closely with clients to understand their unique requirements, ensuring that they receive the best possible service and the most cost-effective solutions. For all your ABS CNC Machining needs, look no further than HDC – the experts in the field.
HDC for ABS CNC Machining Service
Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene or more popularly known as ABS is a thermoplastic polymer that is extensively used in ABS CNC Machining applications. CNC machined products have multiple applications in various industries like in the manufacturing of pipes, fittings, sports equipment, compressors, etc. We deal in all sorts of custom-made CNC ABS machining parts for our clients. Here is why we are the best in the business of ABS machined parts.
Why Choose Us
ABS is amorphous and thus does not have a true melting point. However, its glass transition temperature is 105 °C. ABS provides a satisfactory operation over -20 °C to 80 °C. ABS has a density ranging from 1,060 – 1,080 g/cm3. The material has a tensile strength in the range of 40-50 MPa. ABS can be easily modified into high impact, medium impact, high heat resistant, extrusion grade, and medical ABS grades.
The material has a low cost and offers multiple benefits as follows:
- It is rigid
- Is largely temperature resistant
- Displays chemical resistance
- Does not allow the growth of bacteria or other microorganisms
- Acts as a great electrical insulator
- Is easy to paint and attach to other surfaces
High Impact ABS Grade
High-impact ABS grade is mainly used in applications like housing, kitchen applications, tools, etc. These ABS CNC Machining parts are ideal for application in areas that require a high tensile strength-to-weight ratio.
Medium Impact ABS Grade
Medium impact ABS grade has applications in the toy, food, and small equipment industries. This grade of ABS has lower tensile strength and serves best for applications that do not involve high levels of stress.
High heat resistant ABS
The high-heat ABS grades are ideal for the manufacturing of automotive parts. Since these parts have high resistance to heat they are ideal for use in areas where the temperatures are expected to rise. Furthermore, the High Heat ABS grades are also used for doors, panels, sills, etc.
Extrusion Grade ABS
The extrusion ABS CNC Machining grades are best for the application in the development of panels, travel bags, carrying cases, etc.
Medical ABS Grade
Medical ABS Grade is required to meet the requirements of FDA-modified ISO 10993, Part I. The primary use of the medical ABS CNC machined parts is manufacturing IV syringes, test kits, and soft surgical instruments.
FAQ About ABS
What is the ABS material?
A: ABS is a widely used thermoplastic polymer, commonly employed in CNC machining processes. It is renowned for its combination of strength, impact resistance, ease of processing, and cost-effectiveness. Due to its relatively low melting point, favorable machinability, and excellent mechanical properties, ABS has found extensive application in CNC machining.
During the CNC machining process, ABS sheets or blocks are typically secured onto the work table of CNC machines using fixtures or other fastening devices. Subsequently, the CNC machine follows computer-generated programs to guide cutting tools along specific paths, removing material as needed to achieve the desired shapes and dimensions.
ABS can be machined into various forms, including prototypes, functional components, and even intricate designs. When CNC machining ABS material, considerations such as cutting speed, feed rate, tool geometry, cooling, and chip removal need to be taken into account to attain optimal machining outcomes.
Can you machine with ABS plastic material?
A: Indeed, ABS is a commonly used thermoplastic suitable for CNC machining.CNC machining is a versatile manufacturing process that involves the use of computer-controlled machines to remove material from a workpiece to achieve precise shapes and dimensions. ABS is a suitable material for CNC machining due to its relatively low melting point, good machinability, and superior mechanical properties. It is commonly used for prototyping, small-scale production, and various engineering applications.
Does ABS plastic parts break easily?
ABS is a thermoplastic polymer known for its good impact resistance and toughness compared to some other plastics. Although ABS is not as strong as materials such as metals or engineering plastics, it is durable and does not break easily under moderate impact.
The exact strength and durability of ABS can be affected by factors such as specific formulations, material thickness, and exposure conditions. In general, ABS is more resistant to breakage or shattering than some other plastics such as polystyrene or acrylic.
For applications that require greater strength and impact resistance, other engineering plastics and composites may be more appropriate choices. Therefore, when selecting a material, care should be taken in choosing the appropriate material based on the needs of the particular application and the environmental conditions to which the material will be exposed.
Is ABS plastic parts stronger than other regular plastic parts?
ABS is known for its moderate tensile strength, impact resistance, and toughness. ABS is often preferred over more brittle plastics such as polystyrene because of its ability to withstand greater impacts without breaking or shattering.
Please note that there are many different types of plastics with different properties. Some plastics are designed to be rigid and brittle, while others are designed to be flexible or have specific heat or chemical resistance properties. Therefore, when selecting the type of plastic it is important to consider the specific properties required for the application and choose accordingly.
What are the advantages of ABS Plastic:
- Impact Resistance: ABS has excellent impact resistance and is suitable for applications that require exposure to moderate impact or mechanical stress.
- Toughness: ABS has excellent toughness and can be bent and twisted without breaking.
- Machinability: ABS is relatively easy to machine and is therefore favored for CNC machining and other manufacturing processes.
- Versatility: ABS can be molded into a variety of shapes for a wide range of applications, from consumer products to automotive parts.
- Surface Smoothness: ABS has a relatively smooth surface, which can be further enhanced by appropriate machining processes.
- Cost-effectiveness: Compared to some other engineering plastics, ABS is generally more affordable, making it a cost-effective choice for certain applications.
Is ABS plastic machinable?
ABS is preferred for CNC machining because of its machinability and versatility. Here are a few reasons why ABS is considered a machinable material:
- medium hardness: ABS is moderately hard and can be cut, drilled, and molded using conventional machining tools.
- Low melting point: Compared to some other plastics, ABS has a relatively low melting point, reducing the risk of heat-related problems during machining.
- Chip Formation: During machining, ABS typically produces broken chips rather than continuous filaments or accumulated chip edges, making chip removal easier to handle.
- tool compatibility: standard cutting tools (including carbide tools) can be used to machine ABS.
- Surface Smoothness: Under proper machining conditions, ABS can often achieve a smooth surface finish.
Is ABS good material for CNC machining?
Is ABS better than PLA?
Although PLA and ABS display similar properties, ABS has an edge in being more ductile and heat-resistant. Furthermore, due to the versatile nature of ABS, you will find more applications of ABS CNC machining in multiple industries.
Is the quality of ABS machined parts good?
Yes. If proper CNC machining tools are applied and experts are on the job then you get very high-quality ABS parts. Even high-end parts like dashboard panels, seat belts, and refrigerator linings are often made from CNC machining of ABS.
Which grade of ABS is ideal for my part?
That is an issue that we will resolve in discussion with you. Each of the various grades of ABS has its specific applications. Our team of experts in consultation with your team will finalize the best ABS for CNC machining. The parts you will get will be highly durable and fulfill your specifications.
Will CNC machining be cheaper than FDM printing?
Yes. When ABS machining is done with the latest 5–axis CNC machinery and computer-aided drawing software the final product is much cheaper. Furthermore, the time required for manufacturing on CNC machining ABS parts is much shorter when talking about bulk production. Therefore, CNC machining will suit most of the ABS material parts.
- Available materials
- FAQ About ABS
- What is the ABS material?
- Can you machine with ABS plastic material?
- Does ABS plastic parts break easily?
- Is ABS plastic parts stronger than other regular plastic parts?
- What are the advantages of ABS Plastic:
- Is ABS plastic machinable?
- Is ABS good material for CNC machining?
- Is ABS better than PLA?
- Is the quality of ABS machined parts good?
- Which grade of ABS is ideal for my part?
- Will CNC machining be cheaper than FDM printing?