HDC is an expert in providing precision piano hinges for various applications. Made using high-grade materials, our piano hinges are renowned for their durability and strength. Our hinges are available in a range of sizes to fit any application and can be custom-made to meet your specific requirements. All products have gone through rigorous testing and quality inspections to ensure they meet the highest standards before they leave our facility. From intricate lids to large boxes, we are confident that our piano hinges will provide top-notch performance wherever you need them.
A piano hinge or continuous hinge is used in many applications aside from just being put on a piano, it also performs on heavy doors, fold-down desks, cabinets, toolboxes, lids, workbenches, etc. It is known as Piano hinges because even if they can be applied in many applications, it is originally utilized for pianos, attaching the cover to the body.
Continuous hinges can also be done in different approaches, there are Plain ends hinge pin retention, Staked pin hinge pin retention, Crimped ends hinge pin retention, and Welded pin hinge pin retention to name a few. They perform exactly like the other hinges, attaching the two long rectangular forms by the knuckle and pin, while concurrently presenting a limited rotation extent.
After tons of research and studies, we came up with piano hinges that can be the ideal candidates for extensive applications, and abusive and heavy environments (severe tear and wear). Whenever durability and strength are essential, HDC’s piano/continuous hinges are always up for it.
HDC manufactures piano hinges or continuous hinges that can be customized, in your preferred size, color, and other specifications, your customized logo or name can also be etched.
We fabricate piano hinges with our first-rated and engineering-approved materials, such as Stainless Steel 304 & 316 (ecofriendly, uncontaminating, biodegradable), Aluminum (corrosion resistant, appropriate for indoor and outdoor demands), and Carbon Steel (economical, heavy-duty), that can totally meet your material requirements.
HDC’s experts will guide you regarding creating your desired hinges and assure you that the manufactured piano hinges can hold the surface’s entire length with firmness and strength. The length can be 3/6/7/8 feet, may also be longer depending on your concerns, it can also be with or without holes.
We create the pin using brass for stainless steel piano hinges, while the aluminum pin and stainless steel pin are available for aluminum piano hinges. The surface treatments can be added to boost your component advantages, it is available in plain, black, zinc plated, and brass plated. You may expect the best piano hinges here in HDC.
In addition to these, let us show you some of the applications of the piano hinge.
- Piano Lids- Piano hinges permits the lid/cover of the piano to open and close, fold and rest. It provides the utmost strength and faultless appearance.
- Doors- We all know that piano hinges can cover the door’s full length, consequently, you will never have an issue regarding the sagginess. When using a piano hinge, the weight of the door, its width, and the surface to which it will be attached should be considered.
- Marine Application- Piano hinges are suitable for marine applications. They are water, salt, and rust-resistant and are coated with an appropriate surface treatment. Piano hinges can be applied to yachts, skis, etc.
Including HDC’s piano hinges in your woodworking projects gives more support and stability than the standard hinges, making it perfect for different kinds of applications.
Nevertheless, our piano hinges offer trouble-free installation, are exceptionally dependable, and are inexpensive.
Different Piano Hinges HDC Produce
We manufacture piano hinges depending on your desired features, they can also be steel or stainles steel and customized for your project. Different kinds of finishes may also be applied for the additional more aesthetic and heavy-duty components. we have experienced technican team to offer engineering consulting for each client.
Why Choose HDC?
- HDC has more than thirteen years of CNC Machining OEM experience, and dealing with us will surely give you the satisfaction you are looking for.
- We’ve served 50+ countries from designing to production and delivery.
- We hear your demands when it comes to your components, especially on customized ones. Various methods, designs, piercings, holes, diameters, and even the formation of the leaves are all emphasized by our team. HDC’s continuous hinges acknowledge a more uniform load distribution and effortlessly issue the weight across the surface, can also be screwed or welded, and are definitely easy to maintain. HDC can undoubtedly supply you with endless options and project design opportunities that perfectly suit your dream design, performance, and application.
- HDC’s customer service team is ready to serve you 24/7!
Piano Hinge – Buying Guide
Why choose HDC?
Choose HDC for your customized piano hinge needs and experience unmatched quality, efficient delivery, and innovative in-house manufacturing. HDC offers complimentary samples, ensuring top-notch quality, and its commitment to expeditious delivery makes it a dependable choice. With a fully equipped, in-house facility staffed by seasoned engineers and a skilled design team, HDC provides a wide range of customization options to meet your unique project requirements. Our advanced CNC machining center ensures precision and innovation in every hinge. HDC is your trusted partner for precision and excellence.
Basic Information About Piano Hinge:
What is a Piano Hinge?
A piano hinge, alternatively referred to as a continuous hinge, manifests as an elongated, slender hinge boasting an assemblage of interlocking leaves. It traverses the entire expanse of the two surfaces it conjoins, proffering unwavering structural reinforcement and meticulous alignment. The nomenclature “piano hinge” derives from its frequent deployment within the confines of piano lid assemblies.
Where can a piano hinge be applied?
Piano hinges exhibit an extraordinary degree of versatility, rendering them invaluable in a myriad of diverse applications, which encompass but are not limited to the following:
- Boats and Marine.
- Industrial Equipment
What are the types of piano hinges?
Piano hinges come in many varieties, and here are some commonly used types:
- Friction Piano Hinges
- Geared Piano Hinges
- Interleaf Piano Hinges
- Pin and Barrel Piano Hinges
- Half Surface Piano Hinges
- Full Surface Piano Hinges
- Half Mortise Piano Hinges
What Materials Are Piano Hinges Made From?
Piano hinges can be crafted from various materials, including:
- Steel:strong and durable, suitable for heavy-duty applications.
- Stainless Steel:offers excellent corrosion resistance, suitable for outdoor and marine applications.
- Aluminum:lightweight and corrosion-resistant, often used in aerospace and automotive industries.
How Do I Choose the Right Piano Hinge?
Selecting the right piano hinge depends on several factors:
- Material:Consider the environmental conditions and load-bearing requirements to choose the appropriate material.
- Size:Measure the length and width of the surfaces you want to connect and select a hinge that matches these dimensions.
- Load-Bearing Capacity:Different piano hinges have varying load-bearing capacities. Ensure your hinge can support the weight of your application.
- Finish:Piano hinges come in various finishes, so choose one that complements your project’s aesthetics.
- Installation:Consider how the hinge will be installed. Some come with pre-drilled holes for easier installation.
Can I install Piano Hinges By Myself?
Yes, you can install piano hinges by yourself with the right tools and a basic understanding of the process. Installing a piano hinge may vary depending on the specific project and materials you’re working with. Always refer to the manufacturer’s instructions and adjust the process as needed to suit your particular situation. With careful measuring and attention to detail, you should be able to install a piano hinge successfully by yourself.
Can I Get Customized Piano Hinges?
Yes, many manufacturers, including HDC, offer customized piano hinges. These can be tailored to your specific dimensions, material preferences, and finish requirements. Customized hinges are ideal when standard sizes and options don’t meet your project’s needs.
Step-by-step Buying Guide
1. Choose the appropriate materials
Piano hinges are available in different materials, each with its own set of advantages and disadvantages. The most common materials include:
- Advantages:strong, durable, and can support heavy loads.
- Disadvantages:They can rust if not properly coated or made from stainless steel.
- Stainless Steel:
- Advantages:corrosion-resistant, suitable for outdoor and marine applications.
- Disadvantages:more expensive than other materials.
- Advantages:lightweight and resistant to corrosion.
- Disadvantages:The strength is weaker than steel and may not be suitable for heavy loads.
Choose the material that best suits your project’s requirements, considering factors such as load capacity, environment, and appearance.
2. Determine the size and length
Piano hinges come in various lengths and widths. Measure the dimensions of the area where you plan to install the hinge to determine the appropriate size. Ensure that the length of the hinge adequately covers the entire edge where it will be mounted.
3. Determine the appropriate thickness
Consider the thickness of the hinge material. Thicker hinges tend to be more durable and able to support heavier loads, but they may also be bulkier. Choose a thickness that balances your load requirements and space limitations.
4. Select a finish that suits your project requirements
The finish of a piano hinge affects its appearance and corrosion resistance. Common finishes include:
- Plain: Unfinished steel or metal.
- Zinc Plated: Provides some corrosion resistance.
- Polished: Offers an attractive and reflective surface.
- Black or Powder-Coated: Provides corrosion resistance and a matte appearance.
Select the finish that suits your aesthetic preferences and the intended environment of the hinge.
5. Specify your load requirements
Consider the weight and load capacity requirements of your application. Ensure that the selected hinge can handle the expected load without bending or failing. Manufacturers often specify load capacities for their hinges, so pay attention to these ratings.
6. Consider durability
For long-lasting performance, look for piano hinges with features like reinforced knuckles or bearings. These enhancements reduce wear and tear, resulting in a longer lifespan for the hinge.
7. Determine the installation method
Check if the hinge comes with pre-drilled holes or slots for easy installation. Some hinges may require welding, while others can be secured with screws or rivets. Choose a hinge that aligns with your installation method and skill level.
8. Choose within your budget range
The price of a piano hinge can vary significantly based on differences in materials, dimensions, and types. to remain mindful of your budgetary constraints while concurrently affording paramount importance to the facets of quality and durability. This strategic approach ensures the mitigation of potential future requisitions.
Ensure that you purchase the right quantity of hinges for your project. It’s always a good idea to buy a few extras in case of mistakes or future replacements.
By following this piano hinge buying guide, you can confidently choose the right hinge for your project, ensuring smooth operation and long-lasting performance. If you have custom piano hinge requirements, please click the “GET A QUOTE” button on the website and send us your needs, including dimensions, materials, finishes, etc. Our professional sales team will reach out to you promptly. We will verify your requirements and specific details, assisting you throughout the custom piano hinge process. We offer a free sample service, and you can request samples to ensure the quality meets your requirements. If you already have ready-made piano hinges and want to customize the same product in bulk, please send us your product samples, which will significantly expedite the customization process. With our assistance, we believe you will obtain a piano hinge that best suits the unique requirements of your project.
FAQ for Piano hinges
What are piano hinges good for?
Piano hinges are used in multiple applications ranging from the manufacturing of furniture to lids. Other applications of piano hinges include fitting doors, ramps, storage boxes, cabinet doors, and fold-down desks, etc. Due to their higher load-carrying capability, piano hinges are great for applications where there is a higher load but lesser space to work with.
What is a continuous hinge?
Continuous hinges are hinges that run throughout the length of the lid/door. This way the amount of load is evenly distributed throughout the hinge enabling it to carry higher loads.
Are continuous hinges strong?
Yes. Continuous hinges are extremely strong and can bear load many times their weight. Furthermore, continuous hinges come in various sizes, shapes, thicknesses, pin diameters, knuckle lengths, etc. you need to choose the best combination for your load-carrying requirements.
How much weight can a continuous hinge support?
It depends on the material and manufacturing technology of the hinge. Generally, a 1”
A thick, 24” piano hinge can bear 60 lbs. of load. Whereas, a 2” continuous hinge can carry the load of up to 2.5 lbs per inch for the length of the hinge. However, while using different materials this weight can go up substantially to even 900 lbs. per hour.
Is a piano hinge the same as a continuous hinge?
Yes. Continuous hinges are often referred to as piano hinges as they are extensively used in the manufacturing of piano lids.
Are piano hinges stronger than regular hinges?
Yes. It is primarily due to the design of the piano hinge that it can support more load for a given weight ratio. The piano hinges run continuously throughout the length of the lid/door. So the load on the hinge is evenly distributed. As such, continuous hinges can carry greater loads than normal hinges.
What is a piano hinge called?
Piano hinges are also called continuous hinges as they have a greater length than normal hinges and can also bear more load.
What are the types of piano hinges?
Piano hinges can be further categorized into different types based on the material used for manufacturing, pin size, knuckle size, hinge width, etc. Continuous hinges are often manufactured from aluminum, stainless steel, plain steel, 316-stainless steel, brass-plated sheets, nickel-plated sheets, etc. Whereas, there are piano spring hinges, piano slip hinges, and piano stop hinges that also have very different applications.
How do I choose a piano hinge?
When selecting a piano hinge you need to look at a few aspects of the hinge to order the correct hinge. Firstly, you need to check the material of the hinge. The hinge material should be able to support the load of your door/lid. Also, you need to choose the material based on the application of the hinge. Second, you need to check the rotation freedom of the continuous hinges that suits your application. Next, you need to see the installation option in the hinge that whether you need the hinge with holes or you have to weld the hinge. You also need to check the pin diameter and match it with your requirements. And finally, you need to see whether the finish of the piano hinge is ok or not.
How to use piano hinges?
Piano hinges can be fitted to your ramp/door/piano lid by either fastener or by welding. However, most piano hinges have holes that can be used to fit the hinges with the door/lid, etc. However, you will have to take the proper measurements of the door/lid before fitting the piano hinges.
Can a piano hinge be cut to size?
Yes. Piano hinges are available in varying sizes and lengths. However, at times you might not find the length that you are looking for. In such an event, you can cut the oversized piano hinges as per your requirement.
How to install piano hinges and continuous hinges?
You have two options to install piano hinges. One method is to use the fasteners to secure the continuous hinge with the lid/door. Another method is to weld the hinge with the door/lid. You will have to choose the option that will best suit your material hinge and the door/lid.
- Different Piano Hinges HDC Produce
- Steel Piano Hinges
- Aluminum Piano Hinges
- Heavy Duty Piano Hinges
- Marine Piano Hinges
- Why Choose HDC?
- Why choose HDC?
- What is a Piano Hinge?
- Where can a piano hinge be applied?
- What are the types of piano hinges?
- What Materials Are Piano Hinges Made From?
- How Do I Choose the Right Piano Hinge?
- Can I install Piano Hinges By Myself?
- Can I Get Customized Piano Hinges?
- 1. Choose the appropriate materials
- 2. Determine the size and length
- 3. Determine the appropriate thickness
- 4. Select a finish that suits your project requirements
- 5. Specify your load requirements
- 6. Consider durability
- 7. Determine the installation method
- 8. Choose within your budget range
- 9. Quantity
- FAQ for Piano hinges
- What are piano hinges good for?
- What is a continuous hinge?
- Are continuous hinges strong?
- How much weight can a continuous hinge support?
- Is a piano hinge the same as a continuous hinge?
- Are piano hinges stronger than regular hinges?
- What is a piano hinge called?
- What are the types of piano hinges?
- How do I choose a piano hinge?
- How to use piano hinges?
- Can a piano hinge be cut to size?
- How to install piano hinges and continuous hinges?